Thursday, May 20, 2010

Signing this weekend at WEEKEND OF HORRORS IN LA!

Dear lonely house of mine,
I have been home and working inside of you for a whopping 6 days in a row, and while you are semi-fun to hang out with, I think our relationship needs some variety, and some more time apart again. So, I am leaving you again for 3 days to go back down to LA to SOAK MY BRAINS AND EYEBALLS IN HORRRRROOOORRR!
Sincerely,
Alexander M. Pardee, Wanderer of Highway 5


Yes! That is correct, sir (or ma'am), myself, along with Dave Correia & the Zerofriends Crew will be venturing down to Los Angeles tomorrow for the annual WEEKEND OF HORRORS convention at the MARRIOT by the Los Angeles Airport.
WEEKEND OF HORRORS
Fri., Sat. & Sun.
May 21-23, 2010
Marriott Los Angeles Airport
5855 West Century Blvd.
LA, CA
BOOTH #41 & 42



Click the banner for more info or here is the direct link:
http://www.creationent.com/cal/woh.htm

Oh, and as an extended added little fun bonus, Dave and I will be doing a low-key ongoing ENCORE OF THE SKETCH 4 SKETCH tour at our booth the entire show! So, if you happen to be going to the convention, bring a sketch, or draw something there, and we will trade sketches one more time!!!

Now, will we have any new merchandise here? Why, it's delightful that you asked, because YES, we are releasing something BRAND SPANKIN NEW!


As you may or may not know, I am currently working on a book called "My Favorite Monsters" chronicling a lot of my old memories of horror movie monsters and their influences on my art, my imagination, and my pre-meditated murdering style, and I am painting quick watercolor portraits of them all for the book. So, to keep you updated on my progress, every few months we will be releasing a new set of unlimited collectable giclee prints of some of the monster paintings. The very first set, containing some definite classic iconic monsters, will be unveiled and released for sale this weekend at our booth (#41 & 42) at the Weekend Of Horrors event. They will be up for sale on ZEROFRIENDS.COM shortly after. Here is some more specific info:

"MY FAVORITE MONSTERS"
Set #1 (9 different monsters)
By Alex Pardee
Each print in this unlimited set measures 5" x 7" and is printed with archival inks on Velvet Fine Art Paper.
Each print is hand signed by Alex Pardee.
Prints are available as a set or as individual pieces.

$10 each, or 3 for $25, or all 9 for $65

The first set contains the following monsters:
ALIEN, THE THING, JASON VORHEES, FREDDY KRUEGER, BRUNDLEFLY, CUJO, LEATHERFACE, PINHEAD & MICHAEL MYERS.





HOPE TO SEE YOU AT THIS WEEKEND AT THE CON. I HAVE A GOOD FEELING YOU MAY WANT TO AT LEAST COME OUT FOR THE COSTUME CONTEST AS I HAVE GOOD WORD THAT A CERTAIN ARTIST NAMED ARLO RAMZ, who eats penguins, MIGHT BE APPEARING AS A PARTICULAR….CURIOSITY:)
Also, you might see THIS GUY!!!
word!