Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I Will Have The Weirdest Boner this FRIDAY!


Unlike "THE OFFICE", Boners will always be funny.
So I jumped at the chance to draw boners when Gallery 1988 asked me to create a Meme-ispired piece for their "MEMES" group art show opening this Friday, May 4, in LA.
Actually, I think I got overwhelmed by the opportunity because there are so many silly and ridiculous memes to draw inspiration from so I had no idea what I wanted to do until Chloe and I were sitting at the Ghostbusters library in NY and she said "You like weird boners, why don't you draw boners?"
And after saying "Dude, I love you for recognizing my boner-love", I got to work.
Now, before I continue, unless you sit in your own sores at your computer drawing boners like I do, you may not even know what a "MEME" is. So here ya go:

So there ya go. A meme is an internet phenomenon, some based solely on one image, some based on videos, some based on a mixture. Rebecca Black. The Bed Intruder. Double Rainbow. Steve Buscemi Eyes. Chocolate Rain. Y U No. ORLY? All memes.
Got it? Good.
So here's what I chose, Donald Glover's character in Community said one small phrase that became the catchphrase for inappropriate boners throughout the world:

Soon the following image accompanied celebrity gossip, odd cartoons and other news sites:

And then....the internet did what it does, and I fell in love with it:

So here, created in the New York Public library with Chloe and I verbally battling over what boners would be the funniest, is my weird boner contribution to the Memes show:

BUT....a meme doesn't become a meme without a bunch of different variations, so I couldn't just stop there. These will also be on display at the gallery:



Also, because I usually can't help myself when it comes to allowing YOU to help participate in my dicky ideas, there will be Draw-It-Yourself Boner Flyers being passed out at the gallery for free so you, too can draw a weird boner! Like this:


And, if you can't make it to the show, or you want to just get an early start on your future career as an illustrious Exterior Boner Designer, you can DOWNLOAD & PRINT A HIGH-REZ BONER SHEET HERE:
So have fun, draw weird boners, upload them to Instagram and tag @alexpardee on them so that I can melt with pleasure at the sight of other weird boners.
Thanks! Here's the official info for the show this Friday:
Gallery 1988 Melrose
7020 Melrose Ave
LA, CA
Friday, May 4. 7 - 10PM


Now we can just add these weird boners to the other bizarre Memes I got so obsessed with I made things for: